Industry: LNG (Europe/Australia)
Employee Role: Day drilling supervisor job involves some physical work in high temperatures
- Pre-placement Fitness for Duty
- Employee age 51 recruited in Romania to take up duties in Australia. Medical revealed high blood pressure and left ventricular blockage.
Risks to employee:
- Heart attack/death
Risks to employer:
- Loss of important employee. Disruption to project. Cost of emergency care and repatriation
- Employee was taken immediately to Bcerta cardiologist who examined and prescribed immediate medication. Employee now under continuing care of GP.
- Employee was later assessed as Fit to Work with Restrictions placed on physical activities. Fitness status being assessed periodically.